Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First ward's GNO @ Peking Palace


So today I got invited to GNO with the girls from my ward.
We went to Peking Palace a Chinese restaurant. It was so much fun to go and get to know the girls better. I Really needed this since I tend to be a little reserved and not as talkative and one of my goals this year is to get out of my shell and get to know more people. I loved spending time with my ward sisters and I loved the food! I had never been there so I didn't know what to order of the menu. I finally decided to be good to myself and I ended up ordering a veggie and rice plate and split it in half. I'm really trying to eat healthier and less this year :)
The whole experience was awesome until I decided to bend over to the side to reach for my keys and my left foot got tangled to my chair and I felt sideways along with the chair all the way to the floor. It was so embarrassing but funny at the same time. I really had lots of fun and I love my ward sisters. :)

3 comments:

Britney said...

I am so glad that you were able to come, Ilcy! We definitely need to do it again soon, except next time I'm saving you a seat next to me, that way I get to talk to you more and also, if you start to tip, we can all go down like a domino effect!! Love you!

Lisa Miller said...

I just updated myself on all your happenings since I last read. Your Christmas sounded like it was fun. That's awesome that you got to be with your Mom. I like that Roadkill Cafe. Jacob would love it. I loved the family pic in the snow on New Years Day. It's so cute, especially of the kids. I was reminded of the movie The Christmas Carol when the boys are all bundled up for school. GNO's are the best. Next time we have one I'll let you know. Hey, since your taking pictures, have you thought of taking more pics of your ward functions and making them into a slideshow to be shown to the ward during a dinner. I bet they'd love it. I do that for our ward Christmas party.

Adrienne said...

What a great idea Britney and Kellie! It was so nice to get out with other adult females. I'm also bad at stepping out of my comfort zone and getting to know people, but I never thought you were that way! You always seem so happy and outgoing to me.