Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Cepillin

I had the great privilege and opportunity to see my dear childhood friend Cepillin.
Most of you will probably not know about Cepillin but let me tell you a little bit about him.
Cepillin is a world wide known famous clown that made me laugh, and sing, and dance, and play when I was a kid living in Guatemala. That is why he is my all time childhood friend. I never saw him in person. I would only watch him on TV and listen to his great songs on the radio or at birthday parties. Even when I turned 26, my tias Vicky, Miriam, and Norita put on his music at my little surprise birthday party. He filled my life with dreams and lots of fun. Well, one day, believe it or not, some years back when Bryan and I still worked at Macy's, Bryan helped this customer. He found out that he was a clown and very famous too. Bryan told me about him a few minutes later. He said: "I just met this famous clown with a funny name. I was helping him pick out some pillows in the bedding section". Yes, It was Cepillin!
Once he told me, Bryan and I rushed down the mall isles and we found him. I told him that it was a great pleasure to meet him in person and he gave me a signed poster. It was like a dream for me but I didn't get the same feeling as in my childhood since he didn't have his clown attire nor that cute funny voice he made. Years passed by, and about 2 weeks ago we found out that he was performing in Bakersfield. I couldn't miss it for the world! I took the kids with me to "El Circo de Cepillin". It was so fun and emotional to sing and dance with him again and to see my children, dance and sing, to the same songs I did when I was a kid.
We bought one of his Cd's at the circus and the kids love him. Thank you Cepillin for bringing so much joy to so many children all around the world.

2 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

That's awesome Ilcy. How fun you and your kids.

chldhdmemories said...

I looovvve cepillin. I also remember singing and dancing to his songs as a kid. My most vivid memories however are being at a grocery store with my parents and refusing to move until they agreed to buy me a cepillin 8-track(yes,8-track)which I still have. (no place to play it though) and my brother taking me to see cepillin at uptown theater when I was around 8yrs. I'm glad others remember him fondly as I do.