Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting structured and learning dicipline

Our family life is going through some major transitions. With me starting school full time soon and Bryan's new job schedule and salary, we are trying to organize our life style and structure our family life to a better system. We have started this new reward program for the kids and so far it has been working great. The first day was rough but now; they are doing all of their tasks without complaining. It's just wonderful and I recommend it to all parents if you are not doing so already. From saying their daily prayers to making their beds and cleaning up after themselves, these kids are working extra hard to gain their weekly allowance. I love It!!! Our Summer break is going to be the best one yet if they continue doing what they have been. We have already learned 3 articles of faith and have been reading our scriptures and exercising daily. Not to brag or anything, but I feel so proud of these kids :) Most of all, this program is preparing Asha in the best way toward baptism. The other day, she said to me: "Mom, after I turn 8, I can't do anything wrong anymore so I better practice now". She is really trying and succeeding.
Bryce on the other hand, Is being extra helpful around the house and encourages Asha when she gets a little lazy. Today however, they got a sad face on their chart for fighting each other. They felt horrible after the fact. Asha said to me crying: "Mom, My heart hurts because I pushed Bryce and he fell of the bed, I'm really sorry and sad for him" As a mother, It hurt me so much to give them that sad face on the chart after they felt truly sorry and apologized; but I still did so they would learn discipline and not to do it again. I know they just acted impulsively at the time because they were frustrated. I think how hard must be for Heavenly father to discipline us when we do wrong. Oh how grateful I am for his love and for assisting me in my role as a mother even when I fail to do right
.



2 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like you've been busy!!! Your pictures are beautiful!!! I'm SO excited for our family pics!!!! Let me know when you're available.

Nathan and Carolyn said...

You have great kids...and thank you for the family pictures!! They are great.