Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Mom, I need Advil pm"

Yesterday, very serious and concerned, Bryce came to me and said, "Mom I think I need Advil pm. Can you please switch me to Advil pm?" I was astonished and laughing so hard inside of me! and then I replied, Why do you think you need Advil pm and where did you hear about it? He told me he had just seen a commercial on TV where they explained how it could help people sleep. He explained how he though this was the perfect solution for him because when I put him to sleep in his room at night he can't fall asleep especially when It gets dark after I turn the light off. He thought this could help him fall asleep fast so he wouldn't have to sit in the dark for a long time and start getting scared.
His response touched my heart and I realized this was a serious matter for him and I should also treat it with the importance it deserved. I explained to him that he didn't need this product and that it was only for grown ups when they felt really sick. I advised him to think of alternate ways to solve his problem and mentioned prayer as one of them. He then said "after prayer I will just keep my eyes closed and eventually I will fall asleep". I thought this was a great Idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great problem solving! And good for you for not laughing out loud. I often can't contain the laughter. Especially when my daughter came to me and said she had a "bunny" on her big toe and needed surgery. I had to examine it and let her know that I didn't think her "bunny" needed to be removed just yet, but I giggled the entire time. Shame on me. They are just so cute and funny. And then there was the time when Benjamin wanted to get me that antidepressant he saw on a commercial... Oh my! Too funny. OH! Watch out for those Valtrex commercials or you'll be hearing about that next! I've been waiting for that one. Why in the world do they air herpes commercials between family shows anyway??!!! What's that about?

Just The Three Of Us said...

You are so cute Ilcy, so is Bryce! They really are too cute!

madfam said...

glad you are back to blogging and i am happy to see that your fam. is doing wonderful!! hope that you have a fun summer!!