Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

A Very special Day, "Asha's Baptism"


On Saturday August 15, 2009. Asha made a very special covenant with her Father in heaven.
She had been fervently preparing for her baptism. We had many discussions about it during our family home evenings and sharing time at Church previous to that day. When the time finaly came, she felt ready and joyful to make this special covenant. I had prepared a special Baptism book for her to record all of the special things about her baptism. In one of the pages, there was a brief explination of the commitment she would be making and a blank space for her to sign. I explained to her how a covenant worked and she asked if it was like making a pinky swear with Heavenly Father and I said yes. After she read and signed the page, she lifted up her pinky toward heaven and winked to Heavenly Faher. It was so touching for me to see this. In her child heart I knew she had gotten the point and It was joyous to see her so commited. I also realized that Asha shared a beautiful and close relationship with her Heavenly Father. It was so beautiful to see her enter the waters of Baptism and be baptized by her father. After her baptism, I met her outside of the font and the things that happened then I rather hold and treasure in my heart because they are so sacred to post online.
One thing I do want to share, is my brief testimony about the truth of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so greatful for my Father in Heaven who loves us so much and has created a beautiful plan of happiness for all of us his children. This happiness is within our reach for all of those who desire it. It is a gift and can only be ours if we seek for it and accept the atonement of our savior Jesus Christ and his gospel in our lives.
It was so joyous to see Asha take this important step toward eternal happiness.













2 comments:

Nathan and Carolyn said...

Asha is SO pretty!! Wow, 8 years old. I can't believe it. Time really does go by so fast.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I can see she loves that dress! and gorgeous pictures, as always, Ilcy!