Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just one more year!!!

Sunday was Asha's Birthday and she had a special day at church. The Primary kids sang to her and she got a birthday pencil from them. She also got a special gift from Grandma which is a personal journal and a card with $5 . she was so excited because Daddy had given her a $2 bill and Now she had $7 just like her age.
that early morning, I had planned to surprise her in the morning with the Happy birthday song while she was still in bed. Bryan went to a church meeting that early morning so Bryce and I had decided to do it together. As we were approaching her bedroom, she was already coming out of her room with her sleepy eyes. Bryce and I yelled : "Happy birthday Asha!!!" and the first thing she replied with her morning raspy voice and her eyes halfway open was,
Just one more year!!!! She was so excited. At first I didn't understand what she meant and then I asked her what she meant. With a huge smile from ear to ear she replied, Just one more year until I can be baptized!!!
I love her optimism,her diligence, and her excitement about being able to get baptized when she turns 8.
This is a subject so important to her and she constantly is aware of it.
She loves her savior so much and she's had a wonderful relationship with him through out her life. One night I remember clearly that she woke up a little scared from a nightmare and she got up and grabbed her picture of Jesus that sits on her vanity table and she conversed with him for quite a while and asked him to help her overcome her fear and to take away the "dinosaurs that were hiding under her bed" then She said "Good night Jesus I know you love me and will help me and I love you too" Her faith is so strong.
Asha is my constant reminder to do the things I'm supposed to be doing and she keeps the whole family in check. She's always the one that gathers us to do FHE and reminds us to pray when we forget. She's our peace maker and our great example.
I'm grateful for having the Gospel and for the great example that children are to us. We can learn so much from them.

7 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

That was a sweet post. Happy birthday Asha! I love the pure faith of children. She sounds so awesome.

Got your comment on the big pic of all of us on my blog. Didn't know you guys were interested in going to the lake. We'll have to remember that. We like to go to BV a lot to play in the lake as well as wakeboard and tube. You'll have to come with us sometime. We love and miss you guys too!

Lisa Miller said...

Did you just get throught changing your blog pic? I love it. so clear and everything. Looks awesome at the top.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Asha!! I can't believe she's seven already... I was JUST teaching her in nursery (or so it seems!).

I'll email you about this upcoming week photo shoot!!

Jill said...

Sorry this is a random comment but I am looking for someone to play the guitar at my daughters b-day party and last week I saw a picture of Brian on your blog with a guitar. Do you play at events for people? Anyways let me know. Thanks - neil

Lisa Miller said...

Just saw your new comment on my blog. I loved it and didn't mind that it was long. You can copy any pic you want from my blog. I don't mind at all. I just loved seeing your adorable family tonight at Pump It Up. I can't believe how much your kids have grown and when Bryan said you've been gone from the ward 4 years now I couldn't believe it. Where does the time go. I remember when all our kids were being born. I just have to tell you that I think you look beautiful as always and I love the calming and peaceful spirit you continue to have. It would be great to do more things together.

Miriam said...

Feliz cumpleanos Asha. Seems like I haven't seen her in such a long time. I remember when she was born! She has grown up so fast.

Stacey Bailey said...

Asha is so sweet! I was reading what everyone said about her. I am happy that she had a great birthday.