Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 6, 2008

A Grateful ♥ at Conference

We really enjoy conference every time it comes around. It is such a nice reminder and assurance of the love our Heavenly Father and our savior have for us all. It makes me realize that we are so important to him that he provides us with a prophet to guide us in this latter days. How grateful I am for that!!! We live in this world full of adversity. It is nice to realize that we are not alone and that we have a Father in Heaven who is there for us to guide us every step of the way.
The other day, I was talking to a good friend of mine and I hope he didn't really feel this way but he said that this world and life is only filled with ugliness, violence, and horrible things. I told him, yes, it might be filled with ugliness but also with so much beauty. He replied, I don't think so. I said to him, look around you and see for yourself. We are filled with so many nice gifts from God daily. He still had that look in his face like thinking I was crazy.
I just have to say, how tremendously grateful I am to have the gospel and the certainty to know there is beauty in this world and despite of all the violence and horrendous things that we see daily, we have a vision of hope and a different perspective of things.
It also reminds me of the great responsibility we carry upon our shoulders to share this knowledge with our brothers and sisters who do not have it. I personally really need to work in this aspect.
I am so glad that my children have the opportunity to have the knowledge of the gospel and the prophet as well. Yesterday, during the first Sunday session of conference when President Monson spoke, Asha said, Look It's Prophet Thomas S. Monson, He is our leader. I replied: "yes you are right", and then I asked the question : So what should we do? Right away Bryce shouted: "Follow him!".
I am so thankful that this knowledge of the gospel and the prophet is so alive and planted in the lives of our children. Harder times will come and I pray that when they present theme selves, Our children will have the knowledge, blessings, wisdom, and tools to overcome them.
I am so grateful for Our prophet, we would all be lost without him.
I am so grateful for the love our Father in heaven has for all of us.

1 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

That was a beautiful post. I love your spirit and love for the gospel. It is sad to think that so many people seem lost. I need to work on sharing the gospel as well. Thanks for the message.