Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Special Sunday

Today was a real Special Sunday for numerous reasons. We had a beautiful Sacrament meeting. It was filled with the most spiritual and beautiful testimonies of the Savior and his gospel. The rest of the meetings were just as powerful. This whole past week, I have felt the power of the adversary as we are trying to fight in the great cause of keeping the sanctity of Marriage. I have lost friends over this issue, It is so sad. Going to church today, has reassured me of the love of the Savior in these difficult times. He is aware of what is going on and he is on our side. That is of great comfort to me. I'm grateful for the blessing of the Gospel. I'm grateful for the knowledge of eternal Families. Today, We closed Sacrament meeting with one of my favorite Hymns "Where can I turn for Peace" This beautiful song, comforted my soul and made me realize that We can only find peace through our Savior and Redeemer.
During Relief Society, my soul was touched again as one of the sisters shared with us her testimony of one of the special gifts she possesses. She said that ever since she was a child when she first learned of Heavenly Father, she knew without a doubt that there was a God who created us and she has never questioned his power nor his love for us. It is a great feeling to know I have the same knowledge of Heavenly Father and I have never questioned him nor his power and love for all of his children. We closed relief Society's meeting by singing "Families can be together forever" This Is Asha's Favorite song. It is so sweet to hear her powerful and piercing testimony of the gospel and of Eternal families that is inbeded deeply in her Heart.
When We got home from church, after eating dinner, we gathered as a family for Family Home evening which we sometimes hold on Sunday rather than Monday because of busy schedules. We learned that we can have a piece of heaven In our Homes by keeping our Home Clean, tidy and inviting to the Spirit. We have made a commitment as a family to do better in this aspect which is hard to keep at the Orton's residence. Little by little, it will happen.
The whole purpose and main idea of this blog entry is to express my feelings of this Special Sunday and to share how thankful I am to know that we have a Father in heaven who loves us so much and has created a plan of happiness and Eternal families for us all. We are not alone in this world. Despite of the adversity, we have the gospel and the Savior and his atoning sacrifice as aids in this life and can find ways to be happy here on earth and find eternal happiness as eternal families One day.


Where Can I turn For Peace
Where Can I turn for peace,Where is my solace
when other sources cease to make me whole.
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart, searching my soul.
Where, when my aching grows,Where when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand He, only One.
He answers privately,Reaches my reaching,
In my Gethsemane,Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.

1 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

That was beautiful Ilcy. Thanks for sharing. I love hearing your testimony. I love that song as well. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that we are not alone.