Daisypath Vacation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sleepy heads

The daily routine for the Orton Kids has been that after school, they do homework and go to soccer Practice. They are busy pretty much all day so when 7:30pm comes around, they are pretty tired. Before going to bed and after brushing their teeth, drinking water, and saying their prayers, Mom or dad will read a story to them and mom will sing a good night song which is most of the time, "I love to see the Temple" for Bryce, and "Families can be together forever" for Asha. Then, Asha will get her breathing treatment to control her asthma. This consits of a dose of Pulmicourt Respules and Xopenex. She is a tough and brave little girl when it comes to enduring her treatment sessions which last approximately 20 minutes each. She has to do these daily. Most of the time she's not even able to stay up through the whole thing since she is pretty drained and tired by that time of day. I really enjoy to see them rest not only because Bryan and I also get a break but also because I realize how Important that time is for them to get some well deserved rest. I thank Heavenly Father for night and sleep.
Here are a couple of pictures depicting the way that Asha and Bryce fall asleep at night.
Sweet Dreams my little ones.

Our cuddle bug
Our sleeping beauty

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Bryan! I love blogging, I'm finding so many old friends this way. You two have some really cute kids and it sounds like you're doing really well. I'm so happy for you. Check out my blog sometime, life is great!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

Such cuties! I love the pic of asha. Poor baby! My sister jami used to have to do the same breathing machine. Somehow she has pretty much grown out of her asthma and only has to do an inhaler periodically. Hopefully Asha will out grow it too.

Lisa Miller said...

Poor thing. Treatments everyday!! She is brave to not fight that. I love bedtime rituals. My kids still love to be sung to at night. Even Zach and he's 9.